[Serusers] Error while compiling kphone package version 4.2

rajesh.rajguru at wipro.com rajesh.rajguru at wipro.com
Wed Oct 26 10:35:47 CEST 2005

Hi,

We are trying to make package of kphone from
http://www.wirlab.net/kphone/ <http://www.wirlab.net/kphone/>

We have downloaded kphone package version "KPhone 4.2" from the above
mentioned
site

After referring to INSTALL instructions, we have executed following
steps

1) go to kphone dir and do ./configure. This was executed properly
2) do make . When we are doing make we got following error

----------
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/wipro/SER_Test/kphone/kphone'
c++ -I/usr/lib/qt3-gcc2.96/include -Wall -O3 -I. -I../gsm -I../ilbc
-I../dissipa
te2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSHARE_DIR=\"/usr/local/share/apps/kphone\"
-DPO_DIR=\"/usr
/local/share/kphone/translations//\"  -c -o kphone.o kphone.cpp
kphone.cpp: In member function `void KPhone::createTrayIcon()':
kphone.cpp:272: no method `QPixmap::fromMimeSource'
kphone.cpp:274: no method `QPixmap::fromMimeSource'
kphone.cpp: In member function `void KPhone::updateTrayIcon()':
kphone.cpp:297: no method `QPixmap::fromMimeSource'
kphone.cpp:299: no method `QPixmap::fromMimeSource'
make[1]: *** [kphone.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/wipro/SER_Test/kphone/kphone'
make: *** [all] Error 2
-----------

In fact we also got this error for older versions of kphone package like

KPhone 4.1.1, KPhone 4.1.0

We tried commenting call to fromMimeSource in file kphone.cpp, and then
doing make, but it gives some unresolved symbols at the end

Please let us know if you have also faced same types of errors and if
yes
then any pointers about this will be of great help

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards,
Rajesh

Confidentiality Notice