[Serusers] SER cannot connect to MySQL Server

romulus romulus at msa.hinet.net
Mon Oct 10 08:52:05 CEST 2005

HI, I'm using Debian Linux(while I have no idea how to check its version), and running SER on my PC.
I installed MySQL 4.1.14 and SER 0.9.4, chmoded the /tmp directory to 777, and the MySQL server runs well.
But when I start SER, it does not run and leaves some error message in syslog like this:
Oct 10 14:31:03 Serverhost /usr/sbin/ser[6525]: Maxfwd module- initializing
Oct 10 14:31:03 Serverhost /usr/sbin/ser[6525]: new_connection(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
Oct 10 14:31:03 Serverhost /usr/sbin/ser[6525]: db_init(): Could not create a connection
Oct 10 14:31:03 Serverhost /usr/sbin/ser[6525]: ERROR: auth_db_ver: unable to open database connection
Oct 10 14:31:03 Serverhost /usr/sbin/ser[6525]: auth_db:str_fixup(): Error while querying table version
Oct 10 14:31:03 Serverhost /usr/sbin/ser[6525]: ERROR: fix_expr : fix_actions error
The file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock doest not exist, but the MySQL still runs well. I also don't know if it is correct.
Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thank you!

ser.cfg, "gulab.twbbs.org" is my domain.
#
# $Id: ser.cfg,v 1.25.2.1 2005/02/18 14:30:44 andrei Exp $
#
# simple quick-start config script
#

# ----------- global configuration parameters ------------------------

#debug=3         # debug level (cmd line: -dddddddddd)
#fork=yes
#log_stderror=no        # (cmd line: -E)

/* Uncomment these lines to enter debugging mode
fork=no
log_stderror=yes
*/

check_via=no    # (cmd. line: -v)
dns=no           # (cmd. line: -r)
rev_dns=no      # (cmd. line: -R)
#port=5060
#children=4
fifo="/tmp/ser_fifo"

# ------------------ module loading ----------------------------------

# Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/mysql.so"

loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/sl.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/tm.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/rr.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/maxfwd.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/usrloc.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/registrar.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/textops.so"

# Uncomment this if you want digest authentication
# mysql.so must be loaded !
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/auth.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/auth_db.so"

# ----------------- setting module-specific parameters ---------------

# -- usrloc params --

#modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   0)

# Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
# for persistent storage and comment the previous line
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 2)

# -- auth params --
# Uncomment if you are using auth module
#
modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", yes)
#
# If you set "calculate_ha1" parameter to yes (which true in this config),
# uncomment also the following parameter)
#
modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "password")

# -- rr params --
# add value to ;lr param to make some broken UAs happy
modparam("rr", "enable_full_lr", 1)

# -------------------------  request routing logic -------------------

# main routing logic

route{

        # initial sanity checks -- messages with
        # max_forwards==0, or excessively long requests
        if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
                sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
                break;
        };
        if (msg:len >=  2048 ) {
                sl_send_reply("513", "Message too big");
                break;
        };

        # we record-route all messages -- to make sure that
        # subsequent messages will go through our proxy; that's
        # particularly good if upstream and downstream entities
        # use different transport protocol
        if (!method=="REGISTER") record_route();

        # subsequent messages withing a dialog should take the
        # path determined by record-routing
        if (loose_route()) {
                # mark routing logic in request
                append_hf("P-hint: rr-enforced\r\n");
                route(1);
                break;
        };

        if (!uri==myself) {
                # mark routing logic in request
                append_hf("P-hint: outbound\r\n");
                route(1);
                break;
        };

        # if the request is for other domain use UsrLoc
        # (in case, it does not work, use the following command
        # with proper names and addresses in it)
        if (uri=~"gulab.twbbs.org") {

                if (method=="REGISTER") {

# Uncomment this if you want to use digest authentication
                        if (!www_authorize("gulab.twbbs.org", "subscriber")) {
                                www_challenge("gulab.twbbs.org", "0");
                                break;
                        };

                        save("location");
                        break;
                };

                lookup("aliases");
                if (!uri==myself) {
                        append_hf("P-hint: outbound alias\r\n");
                        route(1);
                        break;
                };

                        break;
                };

                # native SIP destinations are handled using our USRLOC DB
                if (!lookup("location")) {
                        sl_send_reply("404", "Not Found");
                        break;
                };
        };
        append_hf("P-hint: usrloc applied\r\n");
        route(1);
}

route[1]
{
        # send it out now; use stateful forwarding as it works reliably
        # even for UDP2TCP
        if (!t_relay()) {
                sl_reply_error();
        };
}

my.cnf
#
# The MySQL database server configuration file.
#
# You can copy this to one of:
# - "/etc/mysql/my.cnf" to set global options,
# - "/var/lib/mysql/my.cnf" to set server-specific options or
# - "~/.my.cnf" to set user-specific options.
#
# One can use all long options that the program supports.
# Run program with --help to get a list of available options and with
# --print-defaults to see which it would actually understand and use.
#
# For explanations see
# http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/server-system-variables.html

# This will be passed to all mysql clients
# It has been reported that passwords should be enclosed with ticks/quotes
# escpecially if they contain "#" chars...
# Remember to edit /etc/mysql/debian.cnf when changing the socket location.
[client]
port            = 3306
socket          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

# Here is entries for some specific programs
# The following values assume you have at least 32M ram

# This was formally known as [safe_mysqld]. Both versions are currently parsed.
[mysqld_safe]
socket          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
nice            = 0

[mysqld]
#
# * Basic Settings
#
user            = mysql
pid-file        = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
socket          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
port            = 3306
basedir         = /usr
datadir         = /var/lib/mysql
tmpdir          = /tmp
language        = /usr/share/mysql/english
skip-external-locking
#
# For compatibility to other Debian packages that still use
# libmysqlclient10 and libmysqlclient12.
old_passwords   = 1
#
# Instead of skip-networking the default is now to listen only on
# localhost which is more compatible and is not less secure.
bind-address            = 127.0.0.1
#
# * Fine Tuning
#
key_buffer              = 16M
max_allowed_packet      = 16M
thread_stack            = 128K
#
# * Query Cache Configuration
#
query_cache_limit       = 1048576
query_cache_size        = 16777216
query_cache_type        = 1
#
# * Logging and Replication
#
# Both location gets rotated by the cronjob.
# Be aware that this log type is a performance killer.
#log            = /var/log/mysql.log
#log            = /var/log/mysql/mysql.log
#
# Error logging goes to syslog. This is a Debian improvement :)
#
# Here you can see queries with especially long duration
#log-slow-queries       = /var/log/mysql/mysql-slow.log
#
# The following can be used as easy to replay backup logs or for replication.
#server-id              = 1
log-bin                 = /var/log/mysql/mysql-bin.log
# See /etc/mysql/debian-log-rotate.conf for the number of files kept.
max_binlog_size         = 104857600
#binlog-do-db           = include_database_name
#binlog-ignore-db       = include_database_name
#
# * BerkeleyDB
#
# According to an MySQL employee the use of BerkeleyDB is now discouraged
# and support for it will probably cease in the next versions.
skip-bdb
#
# * InnoDB
#
# InnoDB is enabled by default with a 10MB datafile in /var/lib/mysql/.
# Read the manual for more InnoDB related options. There are many!
#
# * Security Features
#
# Read the manual, too, if you want chroot!
# chroot = /var/lib/mysql/
#
# If you want to enable SSL support (recommended) read the manual or my
# HOWTO in /usr/share/doc/mysql-server/SSL-MINI-HOWTO.txt.gz
# ssl-ca=/etc/mysql/cacert.pem
# ssl-cert=/etc/mysql/server-cert.pem
# ssl-key=/etc/mysql/server-key.pem

[mysqldump]
quick
quote-names
max_allowed_packet      = 16M

[mysql]
#no-auto-rehash # faster start of mysql but no tab completition

[isamchk]
key_buffer              = 16M

#
# * NDB Cluster
#
# See /usr/share/doc/mysql-server-*/README.Debian for more information.
#
# The following configuration is read by the ndbd storage daemons,
# not from the ndb_mgmd management daemon.
#
# [MYSQL_CLUSTER]
# ndb-connectstring=127.0.0.1