[Serusers] DNS SRV,t_replicate,backup server and GS phones

Zen Kato zenkato at pis.bekkoame.ne.jp
Tue Oct 25 16:09:31 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have been testing 'DNS SRV', backup server and t_replicate with
two 'ser'servers, BT101(firmware:1.0.7.11), and two GXP2000s(1.0.1.9).

The t_replicate works fine between sip1(main) and sip2(backup) servers.

Then, I stopped 'ser' on sip1 server, three UAs sent REGISTERs not to
sip1 but to sip2. I tested make calls between three UAs, sip2 took care
of sip calls, worked fine.

After that, I restarted 'ser' on sip1. But the three UAs still send
REGISTER to sip2, eventhough sip1 came back and became alive.

I set up 5 minutes intervals for these theree UAs for REGISTER.

So, I stopped 'ser' on sip2 for 10-15 minutes, three UAs sent REGISTERs
to sip1 again and tryed to 't_replicate' to sip2, these were failed
as 'destination unreachable'.

Then I restarted 'ser' on sip2 again. After REGISTERed on sip1, t_replicate
send REGISTERs from sip1 to sip2. Now, everything works fine.

Is this server side opration normal? Or these UAs are still bad boys?

Regards,

Zen