[Serusers] rewriting domain

Samuel Osorio Calvo samuel.osorio at nl.thalesgroup.com
Fri Oct 21 11:05:34 CEST 2005

In fact I would say it's not a stupid hardphone but one of the few that properly set the Contact to a domain name instead of an IP address. This has lots of advantages...I wish all of them use domain names.

To solve it there are several approaches:

1) set use_domain to 0 in your SER config file, so only the user part of the URIs will be used to lookup, save, etc
This way it does not matter wether the end-point sets in the domain part.
This option is only possible if your SER serves only one domain.

2)I don't understand why you have configured SER and DNS to use domain.com and the UA to use sip.domain.com....why don't you change SER and DNS to use sip.domain.com or play with the configuration of the UA to use domain.com???

Hope it helps,

Samuel

Unclassified.

>>> Maciej  (B*winiarski <luzik at task.gda.pl> 10/21/05 08:21AM >>>
i have stupid hardphone, proxy, registrer server is always domain :/

I have configured DNS and ser to use some domain.com as sip domain, but
proxy have sip.mydomain.com addres. Registering is no problem because i
can tell what domain ser should search but problem is for examplke with
aliases i don't want write every time `serctl alias add
user at domain.com` `serctl alias add user at sip.domain.com`

if (uri=~".*sip\.my\.domain\.com") {
rewritehost("my.somain.com";
}
don't work becaus it rewrites requested uri

i hope you get my point.
Any one know how to solve this problem?