[Serusers] Third party Registrations in SER proxies

sandeep kamath sandyk76 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:51:45 CEST 2005

Hi,
I had posted this query to the SIP implementors mailing list . So for those
who have not read this let me summarise the problem.

"I wanted to know if there is a mechanism where registration information
could be shared among SIP proxies.wrt to SER . This is helpful in a farm
that is being loadbalanced.

The topology is a vserver that has two SER proxies S1 and S2 on UDP.

A client 'A' sends a register request to the loadbalancer vip/vserver and
the load balancer chooses a service S1 tied on the vip/vserver . The client
is registered at the server S1. Now a new call comes for this client, hits
the vip and the call hashes to the other service S2 bound to the vip. If S1
and S2 are not sharing the same DB or are not talking to the same registrar
we will have a problem. "

As a solution Dale R. Worley from pingtel suggested that A SIP registrar can
actively duplicate its information into another SIP
registrar by doing third-party REGISTERs to it
.

 So my question is how do I set up this third party Registration mechanism
in SER so that a client registers with one proxy and inturn the proxy
transfers this registration info to other participating proxies?

thanks,
sandeep