[Serusers] Username conventions with Asterisk as voicemail ???

Daryl Sanders daryl.sanders at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 06:11:02 CEST 2005

Hi Iqbal,

Thanks for the info!

I now have all SER users setup with numeric usernames, and have
asterisk reading from mysql, so updates are easy. I am still a little
concerned about the DIDs and alpha aliases. Maybe you can shed some
light on things...

What was the reason for putting your DIDs in a seperate table? I am
currently using the aliases table to store both alpha (softphones) and
numeric (DID) aliases. I am using SER's numeric SIP usernames for my
asterisk mailboxs/extensions. Is there anything I should be concerned
about with this setup?

One fear I have is that at some point my SIP usernames will be
confused with real world DIDs. For example, if I have a the SIP
username 3331234... If this number is actually a real PSTN phone
number, I can see this causing problems as SER matches the username
before looking up aliases.

- Daryl