[Serusers] trusting peers

Dmitry Isakbayev isakdim at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 15:51:46 CEST 2005

Hi Klaus,

There is another option. A UAC can present an authorization token issued by
a trusted Open Settlement Protocol server.  If UAS successfully validates
the token, it can presume that the client is trusted.  The trusted OSP
server can use different policies for authenticating the UAC.

OSP is an open standard defined by ETSI - the European Telecommunications
Standards Institute. It has been widely deployed by VoIP carriers to enforce
secure access control for peer to peer inter-domain VoIP routing and Call
Detail Record (CDR) collection.  The 'osp' module
(http://osp-module.berlios.de or
http://developer.berlios.de/projects/osp-module) adds support for the OSP to
(Open) SER.

We are in the process of moving the project to (Open) SER's CVS.

Regards,

Dmitry