[Serusers] t_on_failure problem

Victor Stanescu victor at gtstelecom.ro
Thu Oct 13 11:29:10 CEST 2005

Hello All,

Sorry that the first post on this list is with a problem, but well, I am
using ser for only 2 days.

The problem is the following: I have configured ser using t_on_failure
to send a call for PSTN towards a secondary gateway if the first one is
failed. These two gateway IP addresses were replaced with gateway1 and
gateway2 in config and the ngrep dump, in order to make everything more
readable. Everything is fine, except for the following scenario:

- a user, from the device "ata" calls a PSTN number
- during the ringing phase, it closes the call
- the normal behavior (i think) should be to close the call in ser
- what happens in reality is that (as I see in the ngrep log) the call
is sent to the failure_route and altough the ata user closed the call,
the pstn user is ringed again. of course, if at the second try it
answers, the call is closed as the caller is no longer present in the call.

What I want to do was just to send the call to the secondary gateway if
the first one does not answer (is dead), but it seems that I got some
side effects like the one described there, and probably a few more (like
redialing a call that was busy and so on).

Is there any way to try the failure route only when the first route
timed out, but not for normal errors (like no answer, busy, hang-up from
the caller before answer and so on?). If the first answer is yes, can I
add behind the timeout some specific failure causes (like the one that
will be sent when the ISDN in the gateway is down?), but not all cancel
causes (because a busy for example should not be retried over the backup
gateway).

I have attached my config and a ngrep dump.

sip2:/opt/ser/sbin # ser -V
version: ser 0.9.4 (i386/linux)
flags: STATS: Off, USE_IPV6, USE_TCP, DISABLE_NAGLE, USE_MCAST,
DNS_IP_HACK, SHM_MEM, SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC, F_MALLOC,
FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT
ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16,
MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535
@(#) $Id: main.c,v 1.197.2.1 2005/07/25 16:56:24 andrei Exp $
main.c compiled on 10:24:39 Oct 12 2005 with gcc 3.3.5

--
Victor Stanescu
GTS Telecom Romania