[Serusers] enum using lcr...thoughts

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 03:23:26 CEST 2005

Hi

I was looking at standardising one of my configs, currently I use enum
before sending the call out if no match using gw and lcr stuff.

Would it not be better if I could use lcr functionality and add a
"primary" gw for each prefix.

Now when a number is dialed, lcr sends it out to this gw, this gateway
then performs a number of lookups , albeit prefix based or even enum, or
whatever comes along if success simply pass new result back or send call
out (undecided), if fail, lcr will fall to next gw, which will be pstn.

I could do this within ser itself, but wanted to move the lookup outside
of ser, and just make the lookup server behave like a gw, if succesful
it would route the call out, if not it would send a failure back.

Can this easily be implemented by just setting up another proxy, which
just does the lookups, using either built in enum, and additional prefix
lookup, or is this overkill, and is it better to just have small server
sw running which does the lookup on incoming sip transaction. The reason
for just setting up another proxy, is to test if the process itself
would work....thoughts?

If it worked then all calls whether IP or pstn based would be handled by
lcr, and hence my billing , and rating would also fall into place.

Iqbal