[Serusers] [Fwd: [Sip-implementors] TLS certificate question]

Mon Oct 10 19:54:44 CEST 2005

Hi!

Thanks for your comments!

I just wanted you to know that I'm still working on my answer (reading
RFC, list archives ...). Thus, no answer yet ;-)

Cesc wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Interesting discussion :)

> As it is now, the current tls code does not really allow for
> flexibility, i would say. How about creating some kind of module that
> would allow in-depth access to tls functions, such as
> - tls_verify_peer_cert()
> - tls_check_from()
> - tls_check_to()

I agree. We will need this functions. We should also document what the
current implementation is validating (when authenticating a server
certificate: which domain is checked against which part of the
certificate?) ...

regards
klaus