[Serusers] SER Codecs/Web Admin

sip sip at arcdiv.com
Sun Oct 9 20:50:08 CEST 2005

1) Serweb is a web admin for SER. It's not PRETTY, but it has some
administration functions and can make things easier.

2) SER doesn't support CODECs. SER is responsible for the SIP messaging
protocol. VoIP calls using SIP are basically two separate things: a messaging
stream(SIP), and a media stream(RTP).  SER is responsible for the messaging
portion. It doesn't directly do the media portion (which is where the CODECs
come in). It's up to the UA (client) to handle the protocol unless you're
bouncing through a media server for your media stream.

N.

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 12:10:48 -0500 (CDT), gorand wrote