[Serusers] Asigning a Subscriber to a Specific rtpproxy

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Sun Oct 9 07:46:15 CEST 2005

Hi Andres,
I've been playing with the same idea at one point.  I think I concluded that
using mediaproxy, SRV and different domains for the user groups
part1.domain.com, part2.domain.com etc would be the easiest. However, if you
want to be able to descretely assign a user to a given proxy on some
criteria, that wouldn't work.
    Hacking rtpproxy to be able to take a parameter to
force_rtp_proxy("which_proxy"); would probably be quite simple. However, if
you want the cvs head load balancing/failover, you also need the concept of
a group. I've heard rumours that Maxim has stopped development on rtpproxy
(certainly haven't seen him on the lists lately), so maybe rtpproxy needs a
new maintainer ;-)
g-)