[Serusers] SER and cpu usage

Chia Huey Lim chiahuey at switchware.com.my
Wed Oct 5 08:47:16 CEST 2005

Ya. using top, I can see whenever SER is binding users, each child takes
around 11% to 13% of the CPU usage, which left only 0.x% is idle in total
(even with dual cpu on the machine). and it takes at least few seconds to 30
seconds to bind the users.

When there is no binding, even if UAs rushing in to register, the CPU usage
is around 0.1% to 1.0% in total only. The CPU usage will suddenly shoot up
whenever there is binding.

I tried to use db mode 0 instead, then everything is alright, binding is
fast and CPU usage does not shoot up.

However, I failed to trace the connection problem between SER and
postgresql. Can't find information from the SER console.

Is there any way to trace and test it?

I am using currently using ser-0.9.3, postgresql 8.0 which is located at the
other server (both servers at the same LAN, same subnet).

Regards,

Chia

  _____