[Users] Insert name into from header of SIP messages

Brandon Price brandon.price at hostrocket.com
Fri Oct 28 21:21:05 CEST 2005

We are storing cnam (callerid name) values in a mysql database for
use with openser. I have openser  pulling the values from the
database using avpops but I need to know how to insert the value into
the from so that it will be passed to my sip user agents. Related
code posed below

modparam
("avpops","db_scheme","cnam_scheme:username_col=phonenumber;table=cnam_c
ache;value_col=cnam;value_type=string")
modparam("avpops", "avp_aliases", "cnam=s:cnam")

avp_db_load("$from/cnam_scheme","cnam/$cnam_scheme"); #sample query
-- select cnam from cnam_cache where phonenumber='13143212222'

this should now store that value in $cnam.
now how do I put that value for example "John Smith" in the from
portion of sip messaging so that it displays on the users sip phone,
or phone attached to an ata?