[Serusers] Re: [Users] Detecting runaway calls

Greg Fausak lgfausak at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 21:52:14 CEST 2005

ya, that's been my experience too.
 it's a bit embarrassing to send your customer a bill
for 18000 minutes on a single call...even if the gw operator
doesn't bill you, you bill your customer, right?

i am very interested in a b2bua project. they
just come in handy for all sort of stuff.

it is overkill for just terminating calls.  they have other
benefits as well...

1) homogenize the packets you see
2) obscure your network/customers to gateways
     obscure gateways to your customers
3) reduce packet size
4) provide a handy spot to kill a call in progress
5) and my favorite, hung call detection

unfortunately, none of these benefits is large enough to
convince some people that a b2bua is needed.

-g