[Users] SIP clients and DNS SRV

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Wed Oct 26 16:46:32 CEST 2005

Hello,

there are different SIP stack implementations. Some clients do SRV
lookup only at first registration time, or only when they register.
Ideally, they should do it for each request sent out. As you figured
out, the best option is to test it before providing such device to your
customers. The idea with wiki is good, so people doing such tests can
share the results.

I do not get the question regarding the out of service interval when the
client does not support srv. How you computed the 5+5 interval?