[Users] Persistently storing headers from onreply_route()?

Joachim Fabini Joachim.Fabini at tuwien.ac.at
Tue Oct 18 19:00:07 CEST 2005

Hi again,

Having solved the previous topic using Bogdan's hint
I stumbled straight into a new problem. Is there a
workaround for not being able to use the avp-ops
from onreply_route?

Some details on the reason: We implement the Service-
Route extension according to RFC 3608. The registrar
returns in the 200OK a ServiceRoute header where all
proxies on the (return) path register themselves.

The last proxy (that forwards the 200 OK to the UA) is
supposed to store the ServiceRoute locally. Our plan
was straight-forward: to store the header field's
content via avp-ops from within the onreply_route.

Unfortunately avp-ops are not available in onreply_route -
Bogdan explains the reason why in
<http://www.archivum.info/serdev%40iptel.org/2005-02/msg00274.html>

Is there a specific reason why the access to the avp list
is not synchronized? Performance? Basically, provided a
good description of the implementation and concept, imho
it could be left to users to restrict themselves to have
avpops writes in only in their onreply_routes for a
specific avp pair. Or, provide synchronized avps?

So, does anyone have an idea how we can:
- Store an AVP containing header fields extracted from a
  200 OK message
- Retrieve this AVP on incoming invites in order to place
  these values into the message (security check and/or
  Route enforcement).

Thanks in advance,
best regards
--Joachim