[Users] rtpproxy failover

harry gaillac gaillacharry at yahoo.fr
Thu Oct 6 14:55:57 CEST 2005

My question is "if ser is able to handle n calls per
second how can we calculate the load for rtpproxy (
memory, cpu, ...)" not mediaproxy !

Harry

from nathelper.c:
 *		Introduce failover mechanism, so that if SER
detects that one
 *		of many proxies is no longer available it
temporarily decreases
 *		its weight to 0, so that no traffic will be
assigned to it.
 *		Such "disabled" proxies are periodically checked
to see if they
 *		are back to normal in which case respective weight
is restored
 *		resulting in traffic being sent to that proxy
again.
 *
 *		Those features can be enabled by specifying more
than one "URI"
 *		in the rtpproxy_sock parameter, optionally
followed by the weight,
 *		which if absent is assumed to be 1, for example:
 *
 *		rtpproxy_sock="unix:/foo/bar=4 udp:1.2.3.4:3456=3
udp:5.6.7.8:5432=1"

--- Andreas Granig <andreas.granig at inode.info> a écrit
: