[Serusers] Creating CDRs from SERs accouning records

Dave ddx66 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 30 22:52:18 CET 2005

You can do it "almost" automatically using RADIUS.

Install FreeRadius and have SER write records START
and STOP records to RADIUS (corresponding to INVITE
and BYE) .

What happens is that when a BYE is received, the
RADIUS looks for record corresponding to call-id (and
a couple of other checks) and it then UPDATES the
corresponding record with the Call-Termination-Time
field. So YOU GET A CDR but you do no have a SESSION
time.

So what you need to do is that you edit the freeradius
"sql.conf" file and modify the "account_stop_query"
variable  to calculate the SESSION time and update the
AcctSessionTime column.

This will allow you to have the CDR with
AcctStartTime, AcctStopTime and AcctSessionTime fields
in addition to the CalledStationId and
CallingStationId (calling phone#) fields and you have
a CDR.

--- Frank Fischer <frank.fischer at digitalnomads.ch>