[Serusers] Creating CDRs from SERs accouning records

Frank Fischer frank.fischer at digitalnomads.ch
Wed Nov 30 16:08:48 CET 2005

Hi all

i'm looking for a free/opensource application that generates CDRs (not XDRs,
must not be rated) from the accounting data/events generated by SER (i think
this is usually called normalization). I think this would have to be an
application that is able to match INVITEs and BYEs and form CDRs with call
start timestamp, call duration and so on.

I had a look at the list of accounting software on the iptel.org website,
but most of there applications are highly integrated accounting/billing
solutions, far more than what i need (and also most of them seem to be
commercial products). In the mailinglist archive i only found some
references to CDRTool which seems also to be commercial. Obv. there must be
a free version of CDRTool but neither i'm sure whether it implements exactly
what i need so i could "grab it" for my own purposes nor could i find a
place to download the free version).

Does anyone know if there is such a kind of application available?  Or any
other idea how to deal with my requirements?

Thanks a lot for your help
Frank