[Serusers] Zyxel 2602HW bug?

Federico Giannici giannici at neomedia.it
Sun Nov 27 17:24:58 CET 2005

Federico Giannici wrote:
> I have found a strange bug in the ZyXEL 2602HW (firmware "V3.40(MV.3)")
> that make it impossible to use it to make calls: the Request URI of the
> ACK and BYE messages is addressed to the SIP server
> ("sip:195.120.250.50") instead of the other UA (i.e. something like
> "sip:123 at 1.2.3.4").
>
> I cannot understand how such an huge bug is not experienced by somebody
> else.
>
> Anybody had the same problem with the 2602HW?

I have found that:

1) This is a common problem of other zyxel hardware too (e.g the ATAs).

2) Nobody noticed this HUGE bug because Asterisk make the call start
even without the ACK! And everybody use Asterisk as SIP server or B2BUA...

Obviously even the zyxel laboratoires use only Asterisk to test their
hardware!

Anybody (with a better english than mine) have a contact in Zyxel to
signal the problem?

Bye.

     __
    |-                      giannici at neomedia.it