[Serusers] SER and Asterisk authentication

Voipers Portugal voipers at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 19:34:23 CET 2005

Ok. That's the easy solution. However, that ain't protected againts IP
spoofing problems. Isn't there a way to authenticate using users (with
username and password)? So that, when Asterisk send an INVITE do SER,
Asterisk should be a normal SER user, like any other user. I am using the
following code to see if the invite is trusted or not:

                log(1, "INVITE not in table trusted\n");
                if (!radius_www_authorize("ser host")) {
                        log(1, "INVITE not authorized, generating
digest\n");
                        www_challenge("ser host", "0");
                        break;
                };
                log(1, "INVITE authorized\n");

And this way, I think only the users that are in my LDAP database (contacted
via radius) and registred to my ser host can make the calls. Am I correct?

Jose Simoes