[Serusers] SER Children Misbehaving

Andres andres at telesip.net
Thu Nov 24 17:46:18 CET 2005

Greger V. Teigre wrote:

> Ah, of course you knew about that :-)
> Well, then I cannot really see why the SER children locked up.  Do you
> have any SER logs right before locking up?

I looked at them but there was really nothing.  Only the errors
indicating the RTPPROXY stopped responding.

> You are sure it's related to a non-responding rtpproxy?

No, but its too much of a coincidence.  We monitor the RTPPROXY from a
Nagios script every 5 minutes so we can confirm externally that it was
not responding around the same time as the 4 children locked up.

> I remember that Maxim was not able to reproduce the rtpproxy lockup,
> so that's one hard bug to nail down. Hopefully you will get something
> useful out of the debugging.

Yea I know.  We left RTPROXY running in the foreground (to gather info
for Maxim)  for like 2 months.  Millions of calls and all was perfect.
We restarted it normally about 3 weeks ago and we got this problem.    I
am starting to think its more stable running in the foreground.

Thanks,

--
Andres
Network Admin