[Serusers] 486 Busy & 2 UAs with identical usernames

Ramin Nikaeen rnikaeen at goldline.net
Wed Nov 23 20:08:36 CET 2005

Friends,

I am using 2 SJPhone UAs (B, C) on two different networks, that register
with my SER server

using the same (username=XXXXXXX, password).

                 >SJPhone - B (username:XXXXXXX)

               /

        INVITE

         /

SJPhone - A (username: YYYYYYY)

          \

          INVITE

                 \

                   >SJPhone - C (username: XXXXXXX)

I dial the phone number XXXXXXX from a third SJPhone (A).

When only one of the destination SJPhones is registered with SER,

let's say B,  then B rings. Then while B is ringing, if "ignore" button

is pushed, a 486 is generated by B and sent back to SER. Then

SER receives the 486 in failure_route and processes it.

But when both B and C are online, both B and C ring.

when "ignore" button is pressed on B, 486 is generated by B and

received by SER but SER does not enter the failure_route.

When ignore is pressed on the first destination, I expect SER to

send a CANCEL to the second destination and receive the 486

generated by the first destination in the failure_route so that I

can forward the first destination to voicemail!

Can anyone share any insight as to why this is happening?

Thank you for your help in advance

ramin