[Serusers] open letter

Stefan Prelle s.prelle at broadnet.de
Tue Nov 22 15:44:40 CET 2005

Hi Harry,

Am Dienstag, den 22.11.2005, 15:23 +0100 schrieb harry gaillac:
> Look at this diagram when user agent behind nat send
> REGISTER to ser
> the contact field in sip header has a private address
> which one is forward to asterisk for registration.
>
> When user agent are registered in asterisk AOR is
> sip:user at private ip so asterisk query
> "sip:user at private" behind nat (not possible).

You lost me here. Was that a question or a statement?

I might not be able to help, since my SER usage is totally diffent,
but let me see if I got this right:
- You want the SER to forward REGISTER messages to the Asterisk.
- The user agents use private IP addresses.
- You want the SER to perform NAT? (I'm guessing here)

> How a session between two user agents behind nat could
> keep in the path

Since you a talking of a session, do you talk of calls now?

Could you perhaps post the parts of ser.cfg that deal with
register requests?

Regards,
  Stefan