[Serusers] Mediaproxy on Multiprocessor System

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Sun Nov 20 13:01:31 CET 2005

Your RTP generator process is also using CPU, this is why you see both
loaded during the test. MediaProxy uses only one CPU.

Adrian

Hi All,

I run mediaproxy on a 2 CPUs machine (Fedora Code 3).

When I stress the mediaproxy with rtpgenerator locally,
i.e., just rtpgenerator.py --count=50,  I noticed that the load is
distributed evenly between the 2 CPUs.

But when I stress remotely, using a seperate PC, i.e.,

rtpgenerator.py --ip=x.x.x.x --proxy=y.y.y.y --count=50,
where x.x.x.x is rptgenerator's ip and y.y.y.y is mediaproxy's ip,

I noticed that the load is mainly taken by CPU0.