[Serusers] SER download site continuously "busy"

Davey, Douglas A (Doug) davey at lucent.com
Fri Nov 18 16:16:55 CET 2005

I have been unable to download SER from ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/ser/ <ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/ser/>  for several days.  Several colleagues have reported the same problem.  The ftp server appears to be "busy" at all times even though it is never near its maximum of 95 users.

I have downloaded SER in the past for several projects without problems, so this seems to be a relatively recent change.

Are there mirror sites from which to download a SER installation package?  I found source packages on http://developer.berlios.de/projects/ser/ <http://developer.berlios.de/projects/ser/>  .  Are pre-built executable SER packages no longer distributed?

Thanks.
Doug Davey