[Serusers] How to gaurd PSTN gateway with openser + NAT

Fri Nov 18 10:32:57 CET 2005

Lokesh Kumar wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>
> I installed openser, it is working fine. sipsak-0.9.0 is also working fine,
> previously i was using 0.9.2 version of sipsak that is having problem.
>
> Now I want to ask you 2 important things.
>
> 1>> Forget Asterisk for sometime, I am having a openser with one public IP
> and one private IP, and I am having one voip gateway which is connected to
> E1 PRI, and voip gateway is also having private IP. So, my question is can I
> forward all the calls coming on public IP of openser to voip gateway via
> private IP's of openser and voip gateway.After that voip gateway will
> forward the call to E1 PRI.
> SER Admin guide mentioned about how to gaurd your PSTN gateway with SER, but
> the documentation is not suffciente there. So, can you please suggest in
> this scenario, how do i can configure request routing in openser, like
> pstn.cfg file.

Forward should work in multi-home mode. To protect the gateway make sure
that:
- the gateway accepts only requests from your SIP proxy
- the SIP proxy authenticates/accounts each request sent to the gateway.
Thus, make sure that someone can't use the SIP proxy as relay to the GW
(as the GW trusts your SIP proxy).

> 2>> How do I have to register SIP phone on openser. Where the sip phones are
> behind the NAT, but NAT device supports STUN and UPnP. Do I need to setup
> seperate STUN server or I can run this service on openser server.

You do not need a seperate PC for the stun server. The stun server can
be located on the same PC as openser. The only important thing is that
this PC withthe stun server needs two public IP addresses (that's how
stun works). Also make sure to make SRV entries for the stun server.
Then the clients (eg. eyebeam) can find the stun server automatically.

_stun._udp.yourdomain.com SRV    stun.yourdomain.com
stun.yourdomain.com    A         1.2.3.4

regards
klaus