[Serusers] ser High Availability

Arne Van Theemsche arnevt.mailing at evonet.be
Thu Nov 17 10:17:18 CET 2005

Hi

I've been thinking on making a HA setup with multiple ser's.

Wat would be the best solution?

1) Sharing a usrloc database? Then I think the only way is to use db_mode
1 (every read out of a database), but would cause a lot of overhead
because of every request needs a sqlquery. Method 2 doesn't seem to work,
because if I delete a record manually from database, the internal DB
doesn't get synced to that

2) evey SER automaticly dials also to all ser's in the clusters, and the
one's who have a known location, dial them. Don't know if this would give
errors when the same user is connected to multiple ser's?

thx
Arne