[Serusers] Local ACKs for SER-SEMS

Cesc cesc.santa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 11:13:21 CET 2005

Hi,

In my lab we have SER (0.9.4) running, collocated in the same box with
SEMS, communicating via the fifo.

An abstraction of the config:

//identify traffic for SEMS
//send to route[x]

route[x] {
      if( !t_newtran() ) {   ..... }
      if( method == "ACK" ) { break;} //drop local acks ...
      t_reply("100", "msg");
      send via fifo to sems ...
}

I have stumbled against some problems:

P1) Local ACKs from the phone are not being dropped.
P2) to-tag in replies from SER from sl_send_reply and OK message change
P3) the t_newtran does not stop sending OKs, even it receives ACKs to them

They all seem to be related ...
the ACK from the phone back to SER, which are local(right?), are not
dropped for two reasons: the sl_timeout is not updated, as i don't
have an sl_send_reply in the route[x] block.
I can fix the above by adding an sl_send_reply("183", "sems session in
progress") ... but then, the second problem appears.
Adding the sl_send_reply(183, ) adds a to-tag to the 183-reply, but
then the following OK has a completely different to-tag ... which is
the one used by my UA to create the ACK. As the to-tag in the ACK is
different to that from the 183-reply ... the sl_filter_ack does not
recognize the ACK as local, and does not filter it.

In any case, this would not solve the problem of the t_newtran sending
OK replies to the phone, even it receives ACKs to them.

What can i do? should i use t_release somewhere? are these ACKs
"local"? if not, where should these ACKs be routed to, to the route[x]
block?

Tks in advance,

Cesc