[Serusers] DNS problem

Grabias Dariusz Dariusz.Grabias at siemens.com
Tue Nov 15 08:39:08 CET 2005

Hello ,

I would like to use domain name of SER instead of IP adress during
indetification

 I set dns=yes,rev_dns=yes and alias="sip.siptest" in ser.cfg but
something strange has happened. Sip Client nr1(it's number 204) sends "
INVITE sip:203 at sip.siptest " to SER and SER sends "INVITE
sip:203 at 192.168.1.204" to sip client nr2 (it's number 203). It looks
very suspicious because SER should send " INVITE sip:204 at sip.siptest "
to client nr 2. It results in trouble when you try to phone from one
client to another but reject the call on one client. One is disconnected
and second one waits for a call .

Could you advice something ???

Pozdrawiam / Best Regards

Dariusz Grabias

SIEMENS Sp. z o.o.
Com SDC S&E C 5
ul. Strzegomska 52A, 53-311 Wroclaw, Poland
tel +48 71 79 92 695
mobile: +48 xxx xxx xxx
mailto:dariusz.grabias at siemens.com