[Serusers] Too Many Hops

Giovanni Balasso giaso at yahoo.it
Tue Nov 15 09:45:04 CET 2005

Alle 09:47, mercoledì 02 novembre 2005, Matteo Piazza ha scritto:
> I have Ser and asterisk on the same machine.
> When i try to call with a SIP phone registred on asterisk another sip
> phone also registred on asterisk through SER I receve this error message:
> Too many hops

Too many hops is usually reached when there is no rule (or no way) to deliver
sip message, adding some log(), or better xlog(), to your routing script
could help you (and us) debugging and understanding what's wrong, and which
method(s) fail.

>         if (method == "INVITE") {
>           if (uri =~"^sip:0[0-9]*@*"){
>            log(1, "Check 1 succed Forwarding to Asterisk\n");
>            rewritehostport("192.168.9.97:5061");
>            t_relay();
>            break;
>           };
>          };

I don't think this will solve your problem but in my experience I had better
result with t_relay_to_udp("192.168.9.97","5061") than
rewritehostport("192.168.9.97:5061").

--
Giovanni Balasso
giaso at yahoo.it