[Serusers] SEMS:announcement plug in

rajesh.rajguru at wipro.com rajesh.rajguru at wipro.com
Mon Nov 14 09:55:04 CET 2005

Hi,

In our ser.cfg following is mentioned for announcement

----
 if(!t_write_req("/tmp/am_fifo","announcement")) {
    t_reply("500","error contacting sems");
-----

we are using fifo for communicating between ser and sems.
ser and sems are running on the same server (Fedora)
When we start sems, the default announcement file mentioned
in sems.conf (default_announce=default_en.wav) is not played.
Also there is no error in /var/log/messages wrt announcement plug in

What could be the problem ?

How does sems decides which sound recorder to play ?

The ll /tmp/am_fifo shows following

prw-r--r--  1 root root 0 Nov 14 09:48 /tmp/am_fifo

Regards,
Rajesh

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin at wipro.com immediately