[Serusers] Question Compiling acc.so- SOLVED! THANKS!

Leo Papadopoulos leo at telecomcto.com
Sun Nov 13 15:49:08 CET 2005

Thanks. That was easy.

-----Original Message-----
From: sip [mailto:sip at arcdiv.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2005 5:03 PM
To: Leo Papadopoulos; serusers at lists.iptel.org
Subject: Re: [Serusers] Question Compiling acc.so

It's actually pretty easy to just recompile/install a module at a time. The
recompilation part is in the docs (INSTALL file).

Basically, from the root directory of your source code...

make modules=modules/acc modules

That would recompile the acc module.  My recommendation, however, is to go
INTO the src/modules/acc directoy and do a make clean (it will whine about
how
you should run this from the root directory, but ignore that -- that's just
stock message and doesn't pertain to make cleans). THEN recompile the module
from the root of the src tree to make sure any stale object files are no
longer lying about mucking up your recompile.

Once it's been compiled, stop ser (important step), and just copy the
resulting .so (which will be in the modules/acc directory) file into the
/usr/local/lib/ser/modules directory and you're good to go.

Restart ser and watch for weird error messages in the log. :)

STOPPING ser is very important if you're replacing one of its modules, or it
will panic, die, and leave a bunch of core files sitting in your / tree.
Always messy.

N.

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:26:34 -0500, Leo Papadopoulos wrote