[Serusers] can't connect to RTP proxy

lo ™ lorenx at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 21:35:57 CET 2005

hi all,
i'm quite new to sip and i'm trying to setup ser with nat support.
i read about stun but to rewrite contact with received and rport tags
i guess i need nathelper module that, in turn, needs rtpproxy, doesn't it?

i got ser-0.9.0, i downloaded rtpproxy from
cvs.ser.berlios.de<http://cvs.ser.berlios.de>and
i use the same nathelper module configuation and nat routing you can find
here:
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~prelle/terena/cookbook/main/ch04s07.html#d0e5128

unlucky ser.log tells me:
 ERROR: send_rtpp_command: can't connect to RTP proxy
WARNING: rtpp_test: can't get version of the RTP proxy
WARNING: rtpp_test: support for RTP proxyhas been disabled temporarily

i've been searching google and mail.iptel.org <http://lists.iptel.org>
there is a very similar thread:
http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2005-July/thread.html#22154
but i'm forced to ask my own question, hoping someone can help me.

maybe i just need to compile rtpproxy with particular parameters... but i
couldn't find enough documentation about it.

thank you so much!!