[Serusers] SER and LDAP

Arek Bekiersz sip at perceval.net
Thu Nov 10 17:23:47 CET 2005

Jan,

This is how I do it now. Consider this fragment of my cfg that I use on
daily basis:

# Busy redirection
if( p_ldap_is_user_in("Request-URI", "divert_busy") ) {
   xlog( "L_DBG", "DEBUG: User wishes Busy divert\n" );
   setflag(4);
};

I was just proposing to change group handling in particular - that is:
to migrate from storing Group in User profile to storing Users (their
DNs) in Groups.

Generally functions present in module can be used to verify the
authenticity of the user or group membership. Other functions return a
state of specific attribute (like boolean group membership above) or
process SIP request according to specific attribute value (like prefix
functions or alias functions).

The thing I was discussing with Greger is that not all functions are
meaningful for everybody; some of them were developed for specific
purposes and generally no one will find them useful...
However I have decided to leave them for historical reasons as I can
imagine somebody could use them, possibly after modifications.

So I have nothing against developing a <new> set of more <generic>
functions. To be discussed.

--
Arek