[Serusers] UA's behind the same NAT

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Thu Nov 10 07:54:39 CET 2005

Noel,
If you send the config showing how you do it, it will be easier to comment.
:-)

In general, what you should do is this:
- Starting from onsip.org configs, there are three locations you need to
change: route[4] NAT Traversal, loose route handling and onreply
- I suggest creating a new route block where you test the src_ip of the
message against the looked up location of ruri/domain, i.e. this only works
after a successful lookup("location") has been done. This should be the
(untested) code snippet:
avp_write("$ruri/domain", "i:624");
if (avp_check("i:624","eq/$src_ip")) {
  setflag(SAME_NAT);
}
(NOTE: I'm not sure about how avp_write will handle $ruri/domain as :port is
at the end of the domain for ruri after a lookup. You should probably turn
on debugging and use avp_print)
- Then run the test from the NAT traversal route, as well as the loose route
(not in onreply) and check for the flag before doing force_rtp_proxy
- In onreply add && !isflagset(SAME_NAT) to the NAT if test

No guarantees... This has not been tested.  However, if you can report that
it works (or whatever was wrong), I will submit the code piece as a
suggestion for the ONsip.org Getting Started document.
g-)