[Serusers] Logging problem

Zac Tolley ztolley at exsiteconsultants.com
Tue Nov 8 12:27:30 CET 2005

I have a sip server running purely as a proxy, all it does is forward
requests onto a remote sip box.

I want to log all the requests that go through it, and use this to
create billing records, but I can't get anything out of the server.

I have setup the logging level to 8, but only get a few messages at
startup. I enabled the acc.so module, in hope of creating accounting
information that way, and also nothing.

I know this must be because all my requests are forwarded, but I
should get something surely...

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

debug=8         # debug level (cmd line: -dddddddddd)
fork=yes
log_stderror=no # (cmd line: -E)
check_via=no    # (cmd. line: -v)
dns=no           # (cmd. line: -r)
rev_dns=no      # (cmd. line: -R)
fifo="/tmp/ser_fifo"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/acc.so"
# -- acc params --
modparam("acc", "log_level", 8)
modparam("acc", "log_flag", 1)
modparam("acc", "log_fmt", "mfctios")

alias="acme.co.uk"
route[0]{
         # initial sanity checks -- messages with
         # max_forwards==0, or excessively long requests
         if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
                 sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
                 break;
         };
         if ( msg:len > max_len ) {
                 sl_send_reply("513", "Message too big");
                 break;
         };

		# record transaction using accounting module
		setflag(1);

         # Record route all messages to make sure that subsequent
messages
         # go through sip proxy server.
         record_route();

         # forward all requsts to ---