[Serusers] documentation on nat_uac_test

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Mon Nov 7 14:29:22 CET 2005

It is in the nathelper module README
(sip_router/modules/nathelper/README):

1.4.7. nat_uac_test(mode)

   Tries to guess if client's request originated behind a nat.
   The parameter determines what heuristics is used. If flag 1 is
   set, the "received" test is used -- address in Via is compared
   against source IP address of signaling. If flag 2 is set,
   Contact header field is searched for occurrence of RFC1918
   addresses. If flag 4 is set the address in Via is compared with
   "private" RFC1918 addresses. If flag 8 is set the ip in the SDP
   message body is compared with RFC1918 addresses. If flag 16 is set
   the rport test is used: the source port of the message is compared
   with the source port advertised in Via (good to catch broken STUN
   implementations, but might cause problems for UAs with asymmetric
   signaling). All the flags can be bitwise combined, the test returns
   true if any of the tests identified a NAT (e.g.  nat_uac_test(19)
   will return true if any of the received test, contact RFC1918 test or.
   rport test are true).

   Jan.