[Serusers] Using RPID in location database

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Mon Nov 7 08:23:51 CET 2005

Hi Patrick,
That's a bit backwards ;-)  Your users will register using their username
and domain in the form of sip:username at domain. That is the AOR that should
be stored in the location db, because that's the AOR, not something else...
However, you can make sure that your users can be reached through other
addresses as well by registering a static mapping to the AOR using the alias
table.
    RPID is not a SIP property, but rather a header field used to signal
information about the caller to a PSTN gateway.  Thus, you need to decide
how to map the RPID to a SIP URI (as required in the alias table).  You
could use a tel: uri or you could create some sort of scheme
sip:rpid at yourdomain.com (using plus and dashes or not).  Most people would
probably recommend you to use +countrycodeetc@ with no dashes or
parenthises. You will have to manipulate the ruris on received calls from a
gateway unless the ruris are already in that format.
g-)
Note that tel: uris have slightly different matching rules compared to sip
uris.