[Serusers] sipc unavailable for commercial users

Michael Kendall michael at starmega.com
Thu Nov 3 23:03:20 CET 2005

Mark,

You suggested that I try sipc as an alternative
to Windows Messenger.  Sipc sounds like a great
program since it has add-ons for voip, video,
and whiteboard, as well as support for STUN.

Sipc is also free for educational and research
users.  But I am not sure that my for-profit
tutoring service would qualify as an educational
organization.

So I contacted Sipquest.com about pricing for
a commercial license. They sent me to 3Com,
who is supposed to be using sipc in their
VCX product for "medium to very large businesses".
The 3Com saleguy said he had never sold sipc to
anyone, but he would pass my name to a company
called Parallel Technologies which is considering
creating a SIP server and might be planning to
use sipc as a client.  In summary, it appears
that the commercial version of sipc is
not available right now.

I will try to get a free educational copy
of sipc, just to evaluate it.

thanks

Michael