[Serusers] SER behind a router

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Wed Nov 2 20:11:00 CET 2005

On Nov 02, 2005 at 16:58, ?ngel G?mez <angel2g at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I am trilling to make SER workin conectec to internet via a
> router, the router only forwards the mensages to SER, the messages who
> go to the 5060 port.
>
> With this config i get SER working well locally, but when i try to
> register from the outside i can't.
>
> For more info I'm using sipsak for testing, and the version of ser is 0.9.3.

Using ser behind a nat is difficult and you might have to use a lot of
"hacks". It's better and much easier to give ser a public ip.

If you still want to try this config:

Set advertised_address=public_ip_of_the_router in your ser.cfg
(grep NEWS for it). However this will probably break your local clients
 (it depends whether your router will properly handle request to its
 public ip comming from inside).
A better solution (that probably won't break anything) would be to use
set_advertised_address(public_ip_of_the_router) only if the message
comes from outside (if src_ip!=internal/range).

You should also add the router's public ip as an alias
(alias= public_ip_of_the_router).

Note that this covers only signaling. You might run into a lot of
problems if you try to handle nat traversal and rtp proxy.

Andrei