[Serusers] Re: [Users] Detecting runaway calls

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Nov 1 12:10:30 CET 2005

Hi Federico,

at this point the whole design is still on the drawing board - I still
have to figure out some of things before starting the implementation.
Yes some dialog information will be kept on the proxy.
As mentioned, the first outcome will be solving the points 2 and 3 and
then the 4 and 5 (see Greg's list).

regards,
bogdan

Federico Giannici wrote:

> Bogdan, can you give us more details of your plans?
>
> We have to decide how to deal with the problem of killing a call in
> progress and detect an hunged-up call.
>
> I'd like to avoid the use of a B2BUA, so I'd like to know if, when and
> how you plan to obtain this. I really cannot understand how you will
> achieve this simply with a SER module. You need some way to store all
> the data of dialogs in progress... Don't you?
>

> Thanks.
>

> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>
>> Hi Greg,
>>
>> keeping the call control on your hands is an vital need...With the
>> tomorrow release I prepared the first steps for a light dialog
>> support based on Routing mechanism - complete FROM changing and
>> restoring for the whole dialog was the prove of concept :).
>> By being able to control the call from somewhere in the middle, I
>> target especially issue no 2 and why not 4 and 5.
>>
>> ....and all this by avoiding the B2BUA.......
>>
>> regards,
>> bogdan
>>
>> Greg Fausak wrote:
>>
>>> ya, that's been my experience too.
>>> it's a bit embarrassing to send your customer a bill
>>> for 18000 minutes on a single call...even if the gw operator
>>> doesn't bill you, you bill your customer, right?
>>>
>>> i am very interested in a b2bua project. they
>>> just come in handy for all sort of stuff.
>>>
>>> it is overkill for just terminating calls.  they have other
>>> benefits as well...
>>>
>>> 1) homogenize the packets you see
>>> 2) obscure your network/customers to gateways
>>>     obscure gateways to your customers
>>> 3) reduce packet size
>>> 4) provide a handy spot to kill a call in progress