[Users] Diameter

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Nov 30 17:45:28 CET 2005

Hi Joachim,

Joachim Fabini wrote:

>Hi Bogdan,
>

>>the implementation is quite old and there is no guarantee
>>that it will actually work.... the draft become RFC (about
>>SIP and Diameter) and thinks changed....
>>

>When you say old, do you mean the OpenSER modules
>or DISC (or both of them ;)?

I mean of openser modules - as there was no diameter library, a protocol
was build to communicate with DISC (as entry point in the diameter network).

AFAIK there are changes in the specs regarding diameter and SIP and also
I would like to use a diameter library and to follow same approach as
for radius.

>>the review of the DIAMETER part is really required..
>>

>Is there something planned or some ongoing work in this
>area?

the first step (and critical) will be to see if there are any open
diameter libs with devel support (maybe in opendiameter project..? )

regards,
bogdan