[Users] help harry...and hopefully return us back to sanity

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Wed Nov 23 14:35:30 CET 2005

Hi

This harry thread , I now look forward to in the morning, wastes alot of
space, but then so does spam. I have completely lost where I was on the
thread about his problem, so harry I suggest you scrap what you have
posted up until now, cause it makes no sense, also post only to serusers
and openser, lets ignore asterisk for now.
I am going to post my understanding of what you want, all those who have
a clue please add, and lets see if we can solve Harry's problem, harry
if we cannot, please accept that what you are doing is far too advanced
for the mortal man/women (are there any women ?) on this list, and hence
you must carve a path, where no one has gone before...either that or
change what you are doing.

So here goes.....

1 You have ser and asterisk running. Both have a public IP address, and
asterisk runs on port 5050 and ser 5060
2. You want asterisk to handle INVITE and REGISTER via SER....my
question is why do you want the UA to register in SER and asterisk
3. Or do you want SER to handle the REGISTER, INVITE and then when
IM/presence is needed to use asterisk
4. Can you explain what you have till now, do you have UA registering
with SER, and maiing calls to each other (without asterisk)..i.e normal
calls IP <---> IP, with either or both of them behind a NAT...if not do
this first, ignore the rest.
5. If 4 is correct, then have you got asterisk and ser connected
together, i.e talking to each other

Iqbal