[Users] open letter (2)

Wed Nov 23 11:48:41 CET 2005

harry gaillac wrote:
> Hi Klaus,
>

>>Please do not cross post. Split your problems into
>>smaller problems and
>>ask them on the correspondig list.
>

> I mail my question to asterisk, openser ser  lists

I think one of your biggest problems is your poor english. What does the
above sentence mean? I know that you post to all this list because I
really get flooded by your emails.

Or do you mean that you give a shit on my advice and still spamming all
the lists with your emails (getting the responses you are used to)?

>>After all your emails, I still have no glue what
>>your scenario is. Why
>>do you want to host ser+asterisk+NAT on the same
>>device?
>
> pass through
> I agree my english is not very good sorry i try my
> best .
>
> Asterisk don't provide IM/presence unlike ser however
> ser don't provide telephony features like MOH ACD call
> parked IVR and more
>
> I want my sip agents to provide these features.
> Ser handle sip routing asterisk telephony features .

Have you ever used SIP clients with presence and IM? I suggest to setup
ser (without Asterisk) just to test the IM features. SIP based
IM/presence implementations are very poor yet.

>>Should the Asterisk/ser be reachable also from the
>>public interface? If
>>not, why do you need NAT traversal at all?
>

> In fact  i have got a single machine for my tests .
> Ser handle sip routing so incoming or outgoing
> requests pass through SER not directly to asterisk .
>
> I need nat support for sip agents behind nat.

In your picture, the NAT router is on the same PC as ser and asterisk.
Is this correct?

what scenario do you have? Are all the users behding the same NAT (in
the same subnet) and you provide VoIP within this network (e.g. an
enterprise) or do you have external users (e.g. like iptel or
freeworlddialup)?