[Users] How to gaurd PSTN gateway with openser + NAT

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Nov 17 18:11:57 CET 2005

Hi Lokesh,

see my inline comments.

regards,
bogdan

Lokesh Kumar wrote:

>Hello Friends,
>
>I installed openser, it is working fine. sipsak-0.9.0 is also working fine,
>previously i was using 0.9.2 version of sipsak that is having problem.
>
>Now I want to ask you 2 important things.
>
>1>> Forget Asterisk for sometime, I am having a openser with one public IP
>and one private IP, and I am having one voip gateway which is connected to
>E1 PRI, and voip gateway is also having private IP. So, my question is can I
>forward all the calls coming on public IP of openser to voip gateway via
>private IP's of openser and voip gateway.After that voip gateway will
>forward the call to E1 PRI.
>SER Admin guide mentioned about how to gaurd your PSTN gateway with SER, but
>the documentation is not suffciente there. So, can you please suggest in
>this scenario, how do i can configure request routing in openser, like
>pstn.cfg file.

this is a good practise - set your GW with private IP. Before relaying
the calls to the GW, you need to force as send interface the private one:
    force_send_socket();
see http://www.openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=openser_core_cookbook

for inbound PSTN calls, be public IP will automatically forced by
usrloc. if usrloc is not involved, force the public interface.

>2>> How do I have to register SIP phone on openser. Where the sip phones are
>behind the NAT, but NAT device supports STUN and UPnP. Do I need to setup
>seperate STUN server or I can run this service on openser server.

you need to setup a STUN server, highly recommended on the same machine
with openser. See mystun from berlios.de .