[Users] Re: [Devel] roadmap to v1.1.0

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Nov 10 16:16:08 CET 2005

Hi Klaus,

Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> - generic communication interface which must offer an abstract layer
>> between
>>   core/modules and transports (e.g., fifo, unix sockets)
>> - move the code of the implemented trasports as module
>> - NAPTR lookup
>

> with failover to next server/protocol? interpret ICMP error messages

first step will be only NAPTR lookup and interpretation of priorities,
protocols, etc.

>> - TLS multi-domain support
>> - TLS configuration values to be set via a module, to keep core less
>> exposed
>

> I will write a separe emails for my TLS ideas :-)

ok :)

>> - security checks of destination addess (white/black lists)
>

> maybe not only based on IP address, but IP address, port and protocol
> (which may be also * for all ports/protocols)

yes, makes sense

>> [enum]
>> [-] - parallel/serial forking based on order and preference fields
>

> isn't this already possible using load_gw, next_gw?

the idea behind was to move the functionality of load_gw and next_gw
into core to allow a standard mechanism for serial forking for all
modules (without interdependencies).
Enum, registrar, NAPTR lookup, etc will be able to do serial forking
also without depending of lcr module.

>> [postgres]
>> - connection pool
>> - shift to memory manager used by openser
>

> there was a big patch by jan for ser - maybe we can use this patch.

can you extract the patch ;)?

regards,
bogdan