[Users] Please Help Me

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Nov 10 14:00:24 CET 2005

Hi Ferianto,

your question require large answers, so I will try to give you just some
hints.

regards,
bogdan

Ferianto monster wrote:

> I am a college student in Polithecnic Caltex of Riau in Indonesia. I
> am in the third years now. In my last project, I want to build the
> VOIP with TLS system at my college because i think it is interesting.
> I have studied about it since one month , but i get many problems to
> undestand about the system. Here is some obstacles questions about the
> system that i have met:
> 1. How can the attacker eavesdrop the communication in VoIP (The way)?

you can find a lot of info about this on the net - try googling.

> 2. How can TLS prevent the attacker to eavesdrop the communication?

by encrypting the signalling

> 3. How can TLS ensure the confidentially and integrity of
> communication? Why we don`t user other secure protocol?

again, by encryption.

> 4.Do all TLS` clients use Linux Operating System or they can use Windows?

any OS

> 5. How secure TLS to protect the communication?

TLS protects only the signalling part - for media (audio steam) you need
different mechanism like SRTP.