[Users] accuracy of retransmission timer

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Nov 10 13:10:54 CET 2005

Hi Klaus,

there is known issue with the first retransmission interval. As openser
use unique timer with cadence of 1 second.
So if the retransmission is set (added into timer) at second n+500 ms,
that the timer will hit at n+1 seconds, resulting in a 500 ms period
instead of 1 sec. It's about time quantification of the timer and the
time linearity of the insertion in the timer.

Hope I manage to put it in words in an understandable way ;)

regards,
Bogdan